Mele Kalikimaka cards with Concord & 9th Pop Art Pineapple

 For the start of the holiday season, I wanted to share a couple of island inspired holiday cards using Concord & 9th's Pop Art Pineapple stamp set. Mele Kalikimaka is the Hawaiian language phrase for Merry Christmas. I haven't been able to find a Mele Kalikimaka stamp set I really like, so I used Concord & 9th's Perfectly Penned stamp set to create a lovely handlettered-look sentiment. The non traditional colors and pineapples lend a great modern tropical holiday look.





For the second card, I heat embossed the flowers in gold rather than steaming them in ink, to add a little extra holiday bling but still keep a clean and simple single layer.





Finally, a bonus non holiday card also utilizing the Pop Art Pineapple set. ‘Pop Art’ makes me think of Andy Warhol, and his pieces featuring the same subjects layered over different colored blocks. For this card, I layered the pineapples over a watercolor look background stamp from the Concord & 9th Just Because stamp set.






I hope the Black Friday sales were good to you! Concord and 9th has a great sale lasting through Cyber Monday, if you need a set of Pop Art Pineapples!

All the best,

Meg








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas with Honey Bee Stamps

Merry and Bright!

Trim the Tree with Concord & 9th Stamps and dies